Sałatka ze Szpinakiem, Truskawkami i Orzechami Włoskimi
Easy Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad
We’ve got a major heatwave on our hands this summer. Poland is literally b-o-i-l-i-n-g! No wonder nobody is up for a bowl of hot soup for lunch (or anything warm for that matter).
Luckily, the stores are full of fresh Polish produce:
spinach leaves are crisp & tender, while strawberries are bursting with juicy sweetness.
The grand master plan was to use these greens up for my lunch. But here’s the thing:
I wanted a salad that would keep me going for the rest of the day (lots of drawings to finish). A super-light salad works great as a side dish, but not necessarily as a main course.
So I added in some more Polish staples: walnuts (which I toasted for extra crunchiness) and some goats cheese (for some luxurious creaminess). What a perfect combo – both nutritious and delicious!
My advice: don’t skip the fruit preserve in your dressing. It really adds another dimension to this salad. I had a blueberry one at hand, but a strawberry one would make a lot more sense.
Easy Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad with Goat Cheese
Summery salad made out of wonderful Polish ingredients: Baby Spinach, Strawberries, Walnuts and Goat Cheese.
- 0.5 cup (65 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp strawberry preserve or jam
- a pinch of sea salt (a generous pinch!)
- 1 cup (200 g) fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup (170 g) fresh spinach
- 3.5 oz (100 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat up a dry frying pan. Reduce the heat to medium and add chopped walnuts. Stir continuously until the nuts get golden brown and start to smell divine - usually 2 minutes is enough.
- Move the walnuts onto a plate and leave to chill.
- In a large bowl, blend together olive oil, citrus juice, fruit preserve and sea salt.
- Slice strawberries into halves. Toss them into the bowl. Coat gently with dressing.
- Gradually add in baby spinach and toss for all the leaves to coat with dressing.
- Add toasted walnuts and crumbled goat cheese.
1. I've used a blackcurrant preserves, but strawberry would make more sense :)
2. Lemon juice can be replaced by lime juice. I used fresh orange (a tangy one), as I was out of lemons ????
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
Save this “Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad” recipe to your “POLISH SALADS” Pinterest board! And let’s be friends on Pinterest!
Pronunciation & More
Simply tap to expand the information —